Atomic Threats In The Baltic Sea Region/VOIP meeting December 14, 2013
From Nuclear Heritage
- previous project Skype conference on November 10, 2013
- next project Skype conference on January 5, 2014
Skype conference December 14th, 2013 at 8 PM
- clarification of facilitation + minutes keeping
- updates from projects and working groups
- appointment for next VOIP conference
Participants: A., B., C.
clarification of facilitation + minutes keeping
- facilitation: A.
- minutes keeping: C.
updates from projects and working groups
- media group:
- Media group is quite active and there are certain results. The group prepared a press release, which will be finished on Sunday and sent out on Monday.
- There was much hassle with writing it because three people were working on it, all with a different approach.
- finances group:
- no updates
- coordination group:
- Coordination group met on Dec 13. Basically their meeting was a compilation of ideas and tasks from the planning meeting, which were used by the group. At the moment there is no point to work with them because they are too vague.
- Petition for Belarus: postponed (because of scandals in Lithuania).
- Suggestion: it would be good to have local actions, which are supporting anti-nuclear people. For instance, solidarity actions, such as banners in Lithuania supporting Belarusian activists or street actions, for example, explaining nuclear threats and then collecting signatures.
- Currently the biggest problem with this project is lack of initiative. We should have more activities, for example, series of information events: Radiation in the Baltic Sea (proposed, next summer) + a photo exhibition.
- book project:
- no updates
- December working meeting:
- Mostly media work preparation and networking, researches for the book project weren’t carried out.
- A. contacted activists activists in Finland and Germany, which resulted in an updated events list on the website.
- Next meeting in March could be bigger than the planning meeting because we have more time to invite people and activists from Russia could join because they would have time to obtain visas. The next meeting, too, will take place in Döbeln.
- Future working meetings could take place elsewhere, for instance, in other countries.
appointment for next VOIP conference
Next meeting will take place on 5 Jan 2014 at 21:00 CET