Atomic Threats In The Baltic Sea Region/VOIP meeting September 7, 2014
From Nuclear Heritage
Skype conference September 7th, 2014 at 8 PM
- clarification of facilitation + minutes keeping
- updates from projects and working groups
- appointment for next VOIP conference
- preparation of the next working meeting
Participants: A., B.
clarification of facilitation + minutes keeping
- facilitation: A.
- minutes keeping: A.
updates from projects and working groups
- media group:
- as there was a summer break, since the media release on the international gathering at the summer camp in Kiel there hasn't been new activities
- finances group:
- no updates
- coordination group:
- no updates
- book project:
- there were talks on the Polish articles at the camp in Kiel and at the Nuclear Heritage Network gathering in Döbeln
- a person from Sweden promised to check and respond on the Oskarshamn NPP article
- since beginning of September a German resource on atomic facilities is online, and is very valuable for our investigations on German plants in the Baltic Sea watershed: http://www.atommuellreport.de
- at the Kiel camp the possibility was discussed to hold the next Nuclear Heritage Network gathering in Sweden - this will be something to be figured out there
- A. plans another networking tour in Sweden and Finland in December/January - hopefully including meeting the new contacts in Forsmark and Karlstad
- there has been a talk with C. in Finland including updates on Talvivaara mine
- in Poland from October 23-26, 2014 a networking conference "Remembering for a common future" will take place in Krzyzowa - main topic: Chernobyl and Fukushima remembrance; A. will participate
- we had a workshop on the "Atomic Threats In The Baltic Sea Region" at the anti-nuclear summer camp in Kiel (D) this August - there were many interested people listening; now we eventually also have Swedish people involved
- ATOMIC BALTIC events:
- A. will prepare a slide show for the presentation
- B. will prepare a flyer to advertise the ATOMIC BALTIC information event in Bielefeld on October 9, 2014
- the first ATOMIC BALTIC information event will take place on October 1, 2014 in Amsterdam
- in Döbeln another event will take place in connection with the photo exhibition on October 18th (exhibition until November 9th)
- there will be more ATOMIC BALTIC events later on
- we would like to offer additional events - contact us if you are interested to invite us to your region!
- a poster showing the atomic facilities in the Baltic Sea area will be prepared at the end of September and then printed in October
preparation of the next working meeting
- September 20-24, 2014 in Döbeln, Germany
- B. made a proposal for an invitation e-mail - this was discussed and will be sent to the listserve tonight
- this time there won't be a big promotion campaign, we will only sent the invitation to the people already involved (and those who were interested in the ATOMIC BALTIC workshop at the anti-nuclear camp in Kiel)
- thus, this will be only a small group meeting - which is actually good for concrete working
- the practical arrangements will be made by A.
- besides book article investigations the info events will be prepared and the flyer about Atomic Threats Around The Baltic Sea should be created; other topics/activities are possible if participants wish it
- there should be also our next Skype conference to communicate with other participants who can't travel to the whole meeting - dates will be arranged later (probably on September 22nd in the evening)
- maybe media group can have their first Skype appointment after the summer break during this working meeting, too
appointment for next VOIP conference
- The next Skype conference will take place on October 11, 2014 at 8 PM.