Baltic Sea Info Tour/Greifswald
Tour Stop in Greifswald
Greifswald (more correctly the village Lubmin) is the site of eight former GDR nuclear reactors and of the today's temporary repository ZLN (Zwischenlager Nord) of the nuclear company Energiewerke Nord (EWN). Although it was built to store only the decommissioning waste of the so-called "Kernkraftwerk Nord" (NPP North) the operator plans to use it also for nuclear waste from other (Western) German nuclear facilities.
The Baltic Sea Info Tour stopped from July 26-28 in Greifswald (optional local programme from 24th on). We provided a public information event, a public street action and a regional network gathering here. We also had one day for an interim evaluation of the part of the info tour between Russia and Germany.
Meeting place was at the Klex (Lange Straße 14) in Greifswald. Every evening food was available for donation around 6 p.m. Accommodation was possible from Friday July 23 to Thursday July 28.
Treffpunkt war das Jugendzentrum Klex (Lange Straße 14, Greifswald). Um 18 Uhr gab's immer VoKü. Übernachtung war von Freitag 23.7. bis Donnerstag 28.7. möglich.
Travel Schedule of the Greifswald Stop
- Saturday (Jul 24): traveling from the previous stop in Jezioro Żarnowieckie to Greifswald
- Sunday (Jul 25): INTERIM EVALUATION + arrival of the Baltic Sea Info Tour youth exchange participants
- Monday - Wednesday (Jul 26-28): STOP in Greifswald
- Thursday (Jul 29): traveling to the next stop in Copenhagen
Programme of Public Events
The first two days were part of a German action weekend to protest against the proposed Castor transports to Lubmin. On Sunday evening the official arrival of participants of the Baltic Sea Info Tour youth exchange took place, although some already arrived one or two days earlier to join the activities of the weekend.
|Saturday July 24|
|10:00|| Nuclear Toilet - market place|
Atomklo auf dem Markt
|19:00|| Federal meeting|
|Sunday July 25|
|10:00|| Bike demonstration to Lubmin: Meeting at Nexö square near Europakreuzung(-crossing)-> from there demonstration to the temporary repository and final manifestation|
Fahrraddemo nach Lubmin: Treffen am Nexö-Platz Nähe Europakreuzung-> von dort Demonstration zum ZLN mit abschließender Kundgebung
|19:00|| International networking gathering|
|Monday July 26|
|19:00|| Talks about storage of nuclear waste|
Vorträge zum Thema End-/Zwischenlagerung
|Tuesday July 27|
|19:00|| Information from Karlsruhe to Lubmin|
Infos von Karlsruhe bis Lubmin
|Wednesday July 28|
|10:00|| Demonstration in Greifswald town, meeting at 10 a.m. at Karl-Marx-Platz - finish at 12 a.m.|
Demonstration in der Greifswalder Innenstadt, Treffpunkt um 10 Uhr am Karl-Marx-Platz - Ende um 12 Uhr
|19:00|| Farewell Evening|
Other Information about the Greifswald Stop
- Media coverage:
- Green Kids zu Gast in Greifswald - July 26, 2010 German
- earlier information events:
- Information event to promote the Infotour in Magdeburg in the alternative café "Thiembuktu" on June 3, 2010 at 7 pm
- Information event to promote the Infotour in Leipzig in the alternative center "Libelle" on May 21, 2010 at 8 pm
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Greifswald_Nuclear_Power_Plant&oldid=350448774 as at April 18, 2010
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kernkraftwerk_Greifswald&oldid=73143322 as at April 18, 2010
http://www.contratom.de/2.0/index.php?mod=standort&id=168 as at April 18, 2010
- ↑ For protection against automatical email address robots searching for addresses to send spam to them this email address has been made unreadable for them. To get a correct mail address you have to displace "AT" by the @-symbol.