These messages and events had been published on the main page of this website but were taken away because they were out of date.
- Burghfield Lockdown mass blockade at AWE Burghfield (UK) on March 2, 2015
- Wrap up TRIDENT in London (UK) on January 24, 2015
- Commemoration of the death of Sébastien Briat, killed by the CASTOR train on November 7, 2014
- Walk from Miami, FL to the Y-12 Nuclear Facility Oakridge, TN 2014 (USA)
- Anti-nuclear mini camp in the Czech Republic on August 25-29, 2014
- International Anti-nuclear Camp near Kiel on August 9-16, 2014 (D)
- Nuclear Heritage Network gathering 2014 on August 4-8, 2014 in Döbeln (D)
- Walkatjurra Walkabout – Walking for Country 2014 on March April 23 - May 26, 2014 pilgrimage across Wangkatja country (AUS)
- Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance 2014 worldwide; events from February 25 - May 4, 2014
- European Anti Nuclear Forum on April 29, 2014 in Prague (CZ)
- Fukushima Disaster Remembrance 2014 worldwide; events from February 13 - April 26, 2014
- Global Action Day Against Nuclear Power 2013 on December 12, 2013
- Uranium-mining: Impact on Health and Environment - 2013 conference in Dar Es Salaam and Bahi/Dodoma on October 1-6, 2013 (Tanzania)
- "Atomic Threats In The Baltic Sea Region" project planning meeting on September 21-22, 2013 in Döbeln (D)
- Walk For A Nuclear Free Future 2011-2015: Walk from Minnesota to Buffalo 2013 (USA)
- Joint Anglo-French Fast Action Against Nuclear Weapons 2013 in Paris (F) and Burghfield (UK) on August 6-9, 2013
- Uranium action camp in Finland near the Talvivaara disaster site from June 18, 2013 (FIN)
- Together against Nuclear - International Conference 2013 in Vienna on May 30 - June 1, 2013 (A)
- Walkatjurra Walkabout 2013 against uranium mining from Yeelirree to Leonora on May 4-28, 2013 (AUS)
- TALVIVAARA NICKEL & URANIUM MINE SPILL since November 4, 2012 - spread the word, support the activists, do action!
- Worldwide global action day against nuclear energy 2012.12.12
- European Action Day to stop Lithuanian NPP project on November 5, 2012
- Reclaim Hinkley - Mass Act of Civil Disobedience on October 8, 2012 (UK)
- International Action Day to shut down nuclear industry on September 29, 2012
- Walk For A Nuclear Free Future 2011-2015: Walk from Saskatchewan to Montreal 2012 (CA)
- Anti-nuclear Sailing Trip across the Baltic Sea on August 26 - September 9, 2012 (S, D)
- preparation meeting for the Anti-nuclear Sailing Trip across the Baltic Sea in Stockholm (SE) on July 12-15, 2012
- Gorleben 365 - one year of blockades starting on August 14, 2011, of the proposed Gorleben final disposal site (D)
- Olkiluoto Blockade on August 11, 2012, protest camp on August 6-13, 2012 (FIN)
- International Anti-nuclear Network Meeting in Döbeln on July 29 - August 3, 2012 (D)
- International Uranium Film Festival 2012 on June 28 - July 14, 2011 in Rio de Janeiro (BR)
- preparation meeting for the International Anti-nuclear Network Meeting in Döbeln (D) on June 8-11, 2012
- International Bike Action "nuclear weapon free now" on May 17 - June 4, 2012 from Stuttgart (D) to Brussels (B)
- Hanhikivi Days on May 5-6, 2012 in Pyhäjoki (FIN)
- Olkiluoto Blockade preparation meeting on May 5, 2012 in Tampere (FIN)
- Sizewell Camp 2012 on April 20-22, 2012 at the Sizewell NPP (UK)
- Olkiluoto Blockade camp preparation group meeting on April 14, 2012 in Eura (FIN)
- Uranium, Health and Environment Conference on March 16-18, 2012 in Bamako (RMM)
- Nuclear Waste Transport to Ahaus: "test shipment" in the 11th week (March 12-18, 2012)
- Global Fukushima Action Day 2012 on March 11, 2012 internationally
- Surround Hinkley Point NPP action on March 10-11, 2012 (UK)
- Global Conference: Nuclear Power For Africa? on March 8-9, 2012 in Cape Town (ZA)
- Autobahn action day and afterwards manifestation against the Nuclear Waste Transport to Ahaus at the research center Jülich on February 25, 2012
- International Uranium Conference in Münster on February 4, 2012 (D)
- Global Conference for a Nuclear Power Free World on January 14-15, 2012 (J)
- start-up rally in Ahaus on December 18, 2011 at 2 PM for the protests against the proposed Nuclear Waste Transport to Ahaus in the beginning of 2012 (D)
- Nuclear Waste and Pollution Conference in Vilnius on December 6-8, 2011 (LT)
- Gorleben Castor Resistance in Germany 2011 on November 24-28, 2011 in France, Germany and particularly in the Wendland region (D)
- Action Day Against Nuclear Fundings on November 14-21, 2011 in France, Germany and Spain
- Walk For A Nuclear Free Future 2011-2015 in Australia, Canada, USA and Japan
- Blockade at Hinkley Point NPP on October 3, 2011 at Hinkley (UK)
- Blockade of the Grohnde NPP starting October 2, 2011 in Grohnde (D)
- Fukushima Action Day 2011 on September 19th, 2011 in Tokyo (JP)
- Olkiluoto Blockade 2011 on August 20, 2011 at Olkiluoto (FIN)
- International Anti-nuclear Network Meeting on August 1-5, 2011; in the region of České Budějovice (close to the Austrian-Czech border)
- Blockades of Nuclear Power Plants in Germany in June 2011 starting on June 18 at the Brokdorf NPP
- International Day Of Action For A Nuclear-Free Future on April 26, 2011
- Mass Demonstrations For A Nuclear Phase-Out in Germany on March 26 in Berlin, Hamburg, Köln and Munich
- Castor Transport to Lubmin from Karlsruhe to Lubmin nearby Greifswald (D) on February 15-18, 2011
- preparation meeting on January 17, 2011 at 7.00 PM in Lüchow (D)
- Castor Transport to Lubmin from France and Karlsruhe (D) to Lubmin nearby Greifswald (D) on December 14-16, 2010
- preparation meeting on December 3, 2010 at 6 PM in the house of the BI (citizen's initiative) in Lüchow, Rosenstr. 20 (D)
- Nuclear Waste Transport to and from Ahaus from several German nuclear facilities (D) and to Russia - demonstration on November 21, 2010 at 2 PM at the repository in Ahaus (D)
- Castor transport to Gorleben starts from La Hague (F) to Germany probably starting on November 5, 2010 and reaching Gorleben a couple of days later...
- big demonstration + start of anti-Castor blockades probably on November 6th, 2010 in Dannenberg (D)
- Devonport blockade in the UK on November 1st, 2010
- International Radioactive Waste Action Day (International Mayak Action Day) on September 29th, 2010
- Demonstration Against the Commissioning of the Final Nuclear Waste Repository Schacht Konrad on September 29th, 2010 in Salzgitter (D)
- Anti-atomic demonstration in Berlin on September 18, 2010 (D)
- Olkiluoto Blockade on August 28, 2010 (FIN)
- World Congress 2010 - Nuclear Abolition: For A Future! on August 25-30, 2010 in Basel (CH)
- Baltic Sea Info Tour on June 22rd-August 21st, 2010
- Turku (FIN): June 19-21
- Åland (FIN): June 22-24
- Loviisa/Isnäs (FIN): June 26-28
- Helsinki (FIN): June 30 - July 2
- St. Petersberg (RUS) and Riga (LV): July 6-8
- Riga (LV): July 11-13
- Belarus and Vilnius (LT): July 15-17
- Jezioro Żarnowieckie (PL): July 21-23
- Greifswald (D): July 26-28
- Copenhagen (DK): July 30 - August 1
- Malmö (SE): August 3-5
- Stockholm (SE): August 9-11
- Olkiluoto/Rauma (FIN): August 14-16
- Oulu (FIN): August 18-20
- 30 Years of Nuclear Resisters in Knoxville (USA) - event on July 4th, 2010
- Anti Nuclear European Forum (ANEF) on June 24th, 2010 in Linz (A)
- Encirclement of the waste facilities in Gorleben on June 5th, 2010 (D)
- Anti-Nuclear Camp at the German-Polish Border in Mescherin at Whitsun, May 21th-23th, 2010
- International Peace Walk Towards a Nuclear Free Future 2010 on February 11th-May 1st, 2010 in the USA
- Chernobyl Day - international days of action on April 24th-25th-26th, 2010
- Sizewell Nuclear Power Camp on April 23th-26th, 2010 in Sizewell, Suffolk (UK)
- International Anti-nuclear Network Meeting from March 25th-29th, 2010 in Helsinki (FIN)
- Blockade Aldermaston on February 15th, 2010, beginning at 7 am at the Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) in Aldermaston
- Preparation meeting of the Baltic Sea Info Tour 2010 in Elmshorn (D) at New Year 2009/2010
- Big Demonstration Against Nuclear Waste Transports to Ahaus on December 20th, 2009 in Ahaus (D)
- Don't Nuke the Climate! International Day of Action on December 12th, 2009
- UK Nuclear Power Strategy Weekend in London on November 21st-22nd, 2009
- Rally Against Uranium and Independent Expert Hearing in Ranua (FIN) against uranium mining on November 7th, 2009
- German Action Day Against Nuclear Power on November 7th, 2009
- Austria Out Of EURATOM Tour through several Austrian states (A) and final action in Vienna from September 15th-October 26th, 2009
- Action Days Against E.ON on 17th/18th October, 2009
- International Nuclear Waste Conference in Stockholm (SE) on October 17th-18th, 2009
- Shut down Fessenheim rally in Colmar (F) at "Place Rapp" on October 3rd, 2009 at 2 pm
- Anti-nuclear demonstration & conference in Colmar
- Polish Community Gives Up NPP Plans
- Gorleben Treck with tractors and protest actions from the Wendland region to Berlin (D) from August 29 to September 5
- manifestation in Berlin on September 5th, 2009
- Uranium Conference in Portugal on September 5th, 2009: "Os Potenciais Perigos do Urânio"
- Camp in Ranua Set Up to Monitor Areva's Mining Activities
- International Action Day To Stop Uranium Exploration Plans in Ranua (FIN) on August 13th, 2009
- International Anti-nuclear Network Meeting on August 4th to 7th, 2009 in Ljubljana (border between Austria and Slovenia)
- Study shows: Nuclear energy on downward trend worldwide
- Nuclear Climate Camp in Tervola/Lapland (FIN) from July 20th to 26th, 2009
- New attention to Church Rock uranium spill comes 30 years later
- Anti-Nuclear European Forum (ANEF) - Juni 17th, 2009 in Linz, Austria
- Uranium protest above the railway: French activist in German court on 4th of June
- Land Stewards Gathering from May 30-31, 2009 in Edmonton/Canada
- Illegal German Final Disposal Site Occupied
- In Finland, Nuclear Renaissance Runs Into Trouble
- Big Demonstration Against New Nuclear Power Plants in Finland in Oulu on 24 January, 2009
- Slash renewables target to protect nuclear, says EDF
- OL3 NPP- Building in Serious Safety Problems in Finland
- International Anti-nuclear Network Meeting in Frankfurt/Main (Germany) 29th December 2008 - 1st January 2009 at the Youth Environmental Congress
- see the Reader for the meeting! (PDF, 636 KB)
- Olkiluoto 3: Nuclear Waste From The EPR 7 Times More Hazardous
- 2008 world nuclear industry status report: Global nuclear power
- Anti Nuke in America - Support Needed
- Objection To The Final Disposal Site in Finland
- Outrageous news from Finland...
- Resistance against the CASTOR Transport 2008 in Germany - actions will start on November 1, 2008; big demonstration in Gorleben on November 8, arrival of transport on November 9; if our blockades are successful it could take until November 12
- resistance camp in Hitzacker (PDF flyers): German (334 KB) | English (80 KB) | French (78 KB) | Finnisch (76 KB)
- General Information about Gorleben, Castor transports, resistance and protest actions 2008 in FRENCH / Informations en fançais sur Gorleben, le transport nucléaire Castor, la résistance et les actions prévues en novembre 2008: http://www.eichhoernchen.ouvaton.org/deutsch/anti-atom/newsletter-pdf/DF-Newsletter1.pdf
- Reports & Images: Students' Demonstration in Lüchow | Castor Resistance 2008 - Ralley Monte Göhrde | Welcoming International Guests | Big Demonstration | Blockades On The Tracks | Gorleben Salt Mine Visitation | Gorleben Blockade Eviction
- Manifestation - 30 years no to Zwentendorf on November 5th 2008 in Vienna, Austria, http://www.arge-ja.at/
- Final Disposal Symposium in Berlin from October 30 to November 1, 2008
- Blockade of the Aldermaston Nuclear Weapons Factory successful
- BIG BLOCKADE ALDERMASTON - international blockade of the nuclear weapon facility near London/UK on October 27th 2008 - (images)
- Broken Control Rods at Swedish Reactor - same design as Olkiluoto!
- NUCLEAR weekEND near Loviisa (Finland), October 18th - October 20th 2008
- Renaissance of nuclear energy? - about finance crisis and comedown of nuclear in world electricity capacity
- Western Mining Action Network’s No Dirty Energy Summit: Albuquerque New Mexico USA in September (22-24th)
- international Uranium-Action-Day on September 20th 2008 - get local actions and events connected!
- Anti-Nuclear Camp in Russia
- International Peace Walk Towards A Nuclear Free Future 2007-2010
- network meeting in Bure: August 11th-13th 2008 -> protocoll
- Anti Nuclear Festival in Finland (postcard: front side, back side -PDF-files)
- Plans for new NPPs in Ontario/Canada seem to fail
- NPP Krümmel Blockaded Using Concrete And Tripods / Krümmel Offline After Third Accident Within 14 Days
These contents had been published on the main page of this website but were taken away because they were out of date.
German Energy Giant RWE Withdraws from Bulgarian Nuclear Power Plant
In a letter to the Bulgarian Energy holding, the German company RWE announced on October 28th its withdrawal from the controversial Belene nuclear power plant (NPP) in northern Bulgaria. RWE cites doubts about the project´s profitability as the major reason for the company´s retreat.
"For the past 18 months, we´ve been pointing out to RWE that Belene is a high-risk project in terms of safety, economics, environment and corruption," says Heffa Schücking from the German environment NGO Urgewald. "It sure took the company a long time to face up to the facts," she comments.
RWE´s decision comes in the wake of a broad grass-roots campaign of German environment organizations against RWE´s investment plans in Belene. Some 30,000 German citizens sent letters and petitions to RWE´s CEO asking him to withdraw from the project. Several of the company´s major investors also spoke out against the plan to invest into a NPP in an area of high seismicity in a country with low nuclear standards and high corruption.
"This is the beginning of the end of Belene," says Petko Kovachev from the Bulgarian Green Policy Institute. "After 12 international banks decided to decline financing for the project in 2006 and 2007, RWE was Belene´s last hope," explains Kovachev. RWE was slated to provide 49% of the project´s equity and its decision to withdraw sends out a clear signal to investors and banks regarding the project´s questionable economics.read the whole article
Belarus: Hearings on Environmental Impact Assessment falsified
Today, on the 9th of October, public hearings took place on the question of construction of a nuclear power plant. All the entrances to the cinema where the hearings were held got blocked by riot police and streets were filled with cops in civil. Documents and leaflets containing criticism of the EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) were illegally confiscated because of their 'doubtful' contents. Employees of state institutions were brought to the hearings by buses. The forcedly assembled audience was registered in advance, in violation of regulations. Many registered participants were not let inside.
Advocating was allowed only to the state employees in favour of nuclear power plant construction, others were denied to speak. The denial was justified by the fact that they supposedly had registered late. Thus, the procedure of hearings didn't meet the standards and the results can't be recognized as independent.
The Russian expert in nuclear physics Andrey Ozharovskiy was arrested in the morning on a charge of disorderly conduct. At the moment he is facing the court. Only 4 people were let into the courtroom, 2 of which are the witnesses. Anonymous men in civil are blocking the entrance to the court-house and refuse to identify themselves.
Thus, the authorities showed their true face again - they are not going to let the dissidents speak openly on the important matters to those in power.
Belarus Anti-Nuclear Resistance
Activities - Aktivitäten
"Europe's Nuclear Heritage" is a (research) project that is concerned with the usage of nuclear power and especially the debates on final repositories in Europe. Regarding these topics it works on networking between groups in different countries. Within this framework or associated to it the following activities took place:
"Europas Atomerbe" ist ein (Forschungs)-Projekt, das sich mit der Atomenergienutzung und speziell den Endlagerdebatten in Europa beschäftigt und hierzu auch eine Vernetzung verschiedener Gruppen in verschiedenen Ländern anstrebt. In diesem oder assoziertem Rahmen gab es bisher folgende Aktivitäten:
France - Frankreich
The current idea for the next possible project would be to visit the French exploration site in Bure combined with a meeting of local activists to also get a critical viewpoint.
Die derzeitige Idee für das nächste mögliche Projekt wäre eine Besichtigung des französischen 'Felslabors' in Bure (Wikipedia Artikel, Französischer Wikipedia Artikel) kombiniert mit einem Treffen mit dortigen Aktivisten um auch einen kritischen Standpunkt mitzubekommen.
Finland - Finnland
An excursion during February 2007 to visit the finnish nuclear power plant in Olkiluoto at whose site the final repository for highly radioactive waste is being planned.
Bei einer Exkursion im Februar 2007 ging es zur Besichtigung des finnischen Atomkraftwerks (AKW) Olkiluoto, an dessen Standort das dortige Endlager für hochradioaktiven Atommüll geplant ist. Beteiligt euch unter den untenstehenden Punkten an der Auswertung der Fahrt!
- Diskussion über einen Brief an TVO
- Eindrücke von der Fahrt
- gesammelte Fakten zu Olkiluoto, finnischer Atomenergienutzung und der Endlagerdebatte
- Vorbereitung der Finnland-Exkursion
Germany - Deutschland
Gorleben - Gorleben
In November 2006 a visit of the mine for final repository exploration at Gorleben was organised by the project. This included a visit of the underground facilities.
After this visit of the underground facilities and a lecture from the operating enterprise of the plant, we met Lilo Wollny, an old lady from the Gorleben resistance. She talked about the beginning of the protests and gave an overview of the security problems at the Gorleben nuclear waste disposal site.
Im November 2006 wurde im Rahmen des Projektes eine Besichtigung des Endlager-"Erkundungsbergwerks" im Gorlebener Salzstock organisiert. Diese enthielt auch eine Besichtigung unter Tage.
Nach der Führung durch den Gorlebener Salzstock und einem Vortrag der Betreiberfirma DBE trafen wir uns mit Lilo Wollny, einer alten Dame aus dem Gorlebener Widerstand. Sie erzählte uns von den Anfängen der Proteste und gab einen kleinen Einblick in die Sicherheitsbedenken gegen den Gorlebener Endlagerstandort.
Morsleben - Morsleben
An exhibition on the history of Germany's final repository for low and medium level radioactive waste at Morsleben, which is also available in english, is en route in different towns.
Eine Ausstellung zur Geschichte des deutschen Endlagers für niedrig- und mittelradioaktiven Atommüll Morsleben, die auch auf Englisch verfügbar ist, ist unterwegs in verschiedenen Städten.
In the past, a visit of the underground repository in Morsleben has also taken place.
There were several lobby meetings with different politicians to sensitize them for the problems of the Morsleben final repository and to exert pressure on the Federal Office for Radiation Protection to end their reluctance to give out information. These meetings are being continued throughout the year. Additionally, different actions and workshops took place on several occasions, including congresses and other events.
Auch in Morsleben wurde in der Vergangenheit eine Besichtigung im Endlager unter Tage organisiert.
Mit verschiedenen Politikern gab es 2006 Lobbygespräche, um für die Problematik um das Endlager Morsleben zu sensibilieren und um Druck auszuüben, damit die Informationsverweigerung des Bundesamtes für Strahlenschutzes ein Ende hat. Auch in diesem Jahr werden diese Gespräche fortgesetzt. Darüberhinaus fanden immer wieder Informationsveranstaltungen und Workshops in verschiedenen Orten und bei Kongressen und anderen Veranstaltungen statt.
Castor: Police officers give a push to their van, stuck in the Wendland mud
Castor: The police changed their minds!
Castor: A view of the front of the Students' march
Castor: Clown with camera
Aldermaston: Participants locked on at Tadley Gate. Tadley Gate was successfully blocked for around 3 hours.
Aldermaston Big Blockade: Police use a small camera to see whether and how participants are locked on.
Aldermaston: Participants blockade the Atomic Weapons Establishment Main Gate. Here a paricipant is taken away by police.
Aldermaston Big Blockade: Participants were here locked on using a concrete lock-on mechanism. Here police prepare to remove the concrete.
Aldermaston Big Blockade: Tripod used to blockade a road used to get to Home Gate.
A pedal-powered soundsystem closes a day of non-violent direct action at the Atomic Weapons Establishment at Aldermaston.
Banner promoting the Festival in Finland
Anti Nuclear Festival: Small banner action near the Finnish NPP Olkiluoto
Part of the residence of the Anti Nuclear Festival
- ↑ For protection against automatical email address robots searching for addresses to send spam to them this email address has been made unreadable for them. To get a correct mail address you have to displace "AT" by the @-symbol.