Atomic Threats In The Baltic Sea Region/Working meetings/Fourth meeting/article discussion
From Nuclear Heritage
This is what we found useful for improving on the article about the NPP in Belarus. Comments and suggestions are welcome!
- article is too long for the book
- create a subpage for the book article with an extract of the main article, see for instance the article on Olkiluoto NPP
- would be nice to have better understanding of risks (safety concerns) of the NPP
- there should be also more information on specific risks
- write the notes in the beginning in complete sentences and provide more detailed information on it
- mentioning the "dominant western winds" sounds as if it would be a problem if radiation would be spread over Belarus - clarify!
- style looks like advertising for the nuclear plant, better to improve it
- fixing future style of writing; style should give more suggestions/possibilities, than fix the perspective like the nuclear industry wishs it
- phrasing should rather be "is supposed to", "proposed", etc. instead of fixing the future with "will" terms
- last part should be extracted/put to another part of the article
- many parts could be described more briefly (date, content, events, etc.)
- contacts to critics are missing, also data box, photo, links section etc.
- references should be improved
- particularly missing for the list of "main participants" and for the "history" section
- the information where to find additional information (on BELTA - Belarusian Telegraph Agency website) leads to no results - add concrete link or delete it
- line "under construction" should be removed (all articles in the wiki are the same "under construction" as this one), chapter "news" maybe too - for short version
- necessary to format view of main page
- would be good to provide scaring pictures, e.g. what impact an accident in Ostrovets could have - show dread/fears of possible effects of explosion/ pollution
- necessary to check terms, text, linguistic construction
- it is unclear what is meant with "a 110/10kV substation Viliya" - please clarify!
- explain the word "repatriation" - actually it means nuclear waste export to Russia!