Baltic Sea Info Tour/Aland
Tour Stop in Åland
The Åland islands are situated in the Golf of Bothnia in the Baltic Sea between Sweden and Finland. They are an automonous province of Finland. The islands consist of the main island Fasta Åland and an archipelago that consists over 6,500 skerries and islands. People there are fighting strongly against the Swedish and Finnish proposals of a final disposal of high level radioactive waste by the sea.
One target of the Baltic Sea Info Tour is to set a symbol showing that the international anti-nuclear movement is watching the nuclear activities in Finland and that we will support the people opposing this power. Thus the infotour will beginn in Finland and - to make clear that we are not gone away afterwards - we will come back at the end and finish the action in Northern Finland.
The Baltic Sea Info Tour will stop from June 22-24 in Åland. We will provide a public information event, a public street action and a regional network gathering here.
Aktionsgruppen för ett atomkraftsfritt Åland
Travel Schedule of the Åland Stop
- Monday (Jun 21): arrival of the participants in Åland
- Tuesday - Thursday (Jun 22-24): STOP in Åland
- Friday (Jun 25): travelling to the next stop in Loviisa/Isnäs
Other Information about the Åland Stop
- coming soon
- http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%C3%85land_Islands&oldid=352613650 as at April 18, 2010
- For protection against automatical email address robots searching for addresses to send spam to them this email address has been made unreadable for them. To get a correct mail address you have to displace "AT" by the @-symbol.