Gorleben Castor Resistance in Germany 2011
- a big number and high variety of actions is expected for November 25-28, 2011, due to the 13th transport of high level active atomic waste (the so-called Castor transport) from the reprocessing unit (plutonium factory) La Hague in France to the temporary repository in Gorleben, Germany
- a mass demonstration will take place on November 26, 2011 at 12.30 PM in Dannenberg
- After several hundreds of kilometers on public railway tracks, after the city of Lüneburg the train will take railway tracks that are only used for the nuclear transport during these days. Due to this fact, this section of some 40 kilometers of tracks was in the focus of a big number of direct actions against the Castor transport in the past. In Dannenberg, the final destination of the nuclear train, the containers will be put from the tracks onto trucks to be transported some additional 20 kilometers on the roads to the repository in Gorleben.
- Castor route action day: October 29, 2011
- Information and mobilization events:
- Magdeburg (D): November 10, 2011 at 5.30 PM at the University's library
- Döbeln (D): November 15, 2011 at 7 PM at Café Courage, Bahnhofstraße 56
- more information: about | how to get there | accommodation | food | what to bring | schedule | legal support | links
- see also: Castor resistance 2010 and 2008 on this website
Castor transport schedule
- Thursday, 24/11/11 prospective departure of the Castor containers in La Hague (F)
- Thursday, 24/11/11 opening of the action camp of X-tausendmal quer in Gedelitz
- Friday, 25/11/11 preparation day in the action camp of X-tausendmal quer including action trainings, legal support etc.
- Friday, 25/11/11 the Castor shipment will cross the border by Karlsruhe (D)
- Saturday, 26/11/11 arrival of the Castor containers in the Wendland region?
- Saturday, 26/11/11 mass demonstration in Dannenberg
- after Saturday, 26/11/11 possible start of the sit-in blockade of X-tausendmal quer
Support for international guests of the Castor resistance
A group of activists is willing to support the participation of international guests to the Castor resistance in the Wendland region. We will try to gather all important information for you in English on this webpage. And we will organize a central point for meeting each other (including sleeping place possibility) in the region. There will be some people available to help you understanding what's going on as for foreigners with no German knowledge it is sometimes a bit difficult to follow the quick stream of information during the Castor protest days. We will translate for you if necessary and help finding what you need.
You are free to form an affinity group with other international guests gathering in our meeting point for doing own actions, participating in other bigger actions or for just visiting different actions to experience the specific anti-nuclear resistance in the Wendland region. You will for sure get much inspiration for your own anti-nuclear activities at home! :)
Support the support for international guests!
We urgently look for donations or other financial sources to help international anti-nuclear activists with their travel costs expenses. Many of them can only make it to Germany if we can provide travel costs refunding. Please donate mentioning the purpose "International Castor Support" to our bank account!
In case you know possibilities to raise funding for the international activists' travel expenses, please let us know. Contacts to foundations or other organizations willing to help are welcome!
- http://www.gorleben-castor-2011.de/ German
- Map of the region with camps, infopoints and other important points of interest German
- http://castornixda.de/ German
- http://castor.de German
- CastorTV German
- Castorticker German
- Südblockade German
- Valognes stop Castor French
- Castor Schottern German
- Widersetzen sit-in blockade German
- X-tausendmalquer sit-in blockade German
- background information on Indymedia German