Difference between revisions of "International Anti-nuclear Network Meeting in Ljubljana"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
== Minutes ==
== Minutes ==
=== Schedule ===
=== Schedule ===
Revision as of 19:00, 7 August 2009
- August 4th to 7th, 2009 in Ljubljana (Slovenia, near the Austrian border)
- including an action on Hiroshima Day (August 6th)
- Tuesday, August 4th, 2009:
- excursion to the Slovene NPP Krško
- meeting with the regional Green Party Forum and Slovene NGOs
- Wednesday, August 5th, 2009:
- brainstorming of upcoming eventes and campaigns
- brainstorming of possibilities to support the Slovene Anti-nuclear activists
- practical workshop on the Nuclear Heritage Network wiki page (part I)
- presentation of the campaign "Austria Out Of EURATOM"
- workshop and discussion about the Anti Nuclear European Forum (ANEF)
- Thursday, August 6th, 2009:
- practical workshop on the Nuclear Heritage Network wiki page (part II)
- Hiroshima Day action in Ljubljana(?)
- strategic discussions on Uranium mining
- workshop on the nuclear situation in certain countries
- project workshop "publications / flyers"
- project workshop "Nuke News"
- project workshop "Baltic Sea Info Tour"
- project workshop "Network Office"
Dear friends in the Anti-Nuke-Movement!
It is an honour to me, to inform you of the planned meeting of activists at the beginning of August 2009 in Slovenia.
It is in a way a follow-up meeting of the one in Bure (France) 2008.
This time we will partly cooperate with a meeting of Austrian, Italian, Slovenian and Croatian green politicians/activists and together with them work out activities, how to medialize the problems and hazards of the nuclear-lobby in Europe and worldwide. In the first week in August we´ll also remember the dropping of the bomb on Hiroshima 6/8/1945.
Parts of the topics to be discussed will be various activities in the different countries, mapping the situation of active NGOs, attempts of the Austrian activists to get their country out of EURATOM (http://www.raus-aus-euratom.at/unterstuetzer.php ), the campaign for an independent and uncensored WHO (http://www.independentwho.info/accueil_FR.php )
and of course, also the situation in Germany, where the upcoming elections will be of some importance concerning the things to come or in France with its strong anti-nuclear-movement
Not to forget Europe and the EU
as well as the Czech Republic, where the national energy-supplier CEZ is planning to double the NPP in Temelín or in Slovakia, which has also big nuclear plans and is togehter with the Czech-Republic seat of the
Our meeting will take place under flexible conditions on a campsite near Lubljana-Laibach, the capital of Slovenia.
Costs will be kept as low as possible. The meeting will officially begin on Tuesday 4/8/09 and will end Friday the 7th or at the latest Saturday the 8th of August 2009. Some of us will however arrive already earlier (there are cheaper weekend-tickets for the train from Germany), which should not be any problem, since the main target of the week is actually getting to know each other and for that purpose it is benificial to to have plenty of time, anyway.
Tents will be useful, per night and person you should calculate about 15 € for the campsite (http://www.ljubljanaresort.si/en/camping/price_list_22/ ) and some money for food and drinks.
For those of you who can afford it, please don´t hesitate to do so. We try to get still some financial support and hope we will be able to assist some of the needier activists a little.
In case you are interested, please inform me and Falk Beyer by way of copy mail. We then will keep you informed and are sure, that with your help, the meeting will help to improve the efficiency of the international network. Looking forward to seeing you,
- For protection against automatical email address robots searching for addresses to send spam to them this email address has been made unreadable for them. To get a correct mail address you have to displace "AT" by the @-symbol.