Nuclear Baltic Map
This map is under work, and will be improved during may & june 2009 (and so will this page!). The Nuclear Baltic Map project is part of the Baltic Sea Infotour project.
(The map preliminarily used as a background is from The Baltic Sea Region GIS, Maps and Statistical Database)
The numbered dots are
- sites of nuclear industry
- larger towns or similar sites, that f.ex. could be stopping points on the Baltic Infotour.
Preliminary color code:
- red number&dot: no nuclear industry activity
- blue number: nuclear industry activity
- blue dot: NPP or undefined nuclear activity
- light blue dot: proposed reactor site
- black dot: uranium site
- dark pink dot: storage site
final storage site)
Improvements to make:
- different colours/marks for different types of sites
- nuclear transports on baltic sea
- nuclear transports on land? estimations?
- proposed fi-se pipeline & lt-se pipeline
- other nuclear energy transports?
- russian sites!
- links to more info for all sites
- more exact coordinates/directions?
- radioactivity levels in the sea?
- short info about situations of sites:
- official process
- companies, offices
- environment, natural & social
- Krümmel (D)
- SE reactor plans
- SE end storage plans
- SE temporary storages (Oskarshamn)
- several layers, interactivity?
- old mines/prospectings?
- RU missiles?
- Belarussia proposed NPP-site
- Poland? Whole country inside the watershed!
- DK Uranium findings?
- Switzerland Uranium-prospecting? Too far away?
- Murmansk plant?
- University research NPPs?
(websites are mostly in finnish & swedish)
- Finland 1.9.08: http://uraanitieto.tormunet.fi/ uraani_010908.jpg
- North Carelia: http://uraanitieto.tormunet.fi/ YhteenvetoPK011208.jpg
- general interesting info: http://uraanitieto.tormunet.fi/
- Northern Finland Uranium-prospecting sites: http://www.uraanivoima.com/
- nuclear waste transports on the Baltic Sea: http://yle.fi/mot/kj070514/kasikirjoitus.htm
- Earlier Finnish Uranium-mines: http://www.gsf.fi/aineistot/kaivosteollisuus/Uraanikaivokset.htm
- Swedish Uranium-sites: http://nejtilluranbrytning.nu
- Poland: plan to build new NPPs to reduce CO² emissions & never finished NPP 60 km west from Gdansk (German TV report)
- Germany/Denmark: planned Fehmarn Belt Bridge effects water interchange of the Baltic Sea website from NABU (several languages)