Template:Baltic Sea Info Tour 2010 - Preparation
Preparation of the Tour
In this section we will give transparency about the status of preparation of the project. The current basis of this section is the notes from the Baltic Tour workshops at IANM/JUKSS 08/09.
- We try to arrange preparation meetings every some months (to see each other in reality from time to time and not to depend completely on virtual communication like email). The notes & minutes from the meetings & workshops will be found in the Past Meetings section below.
- We'll also be testing having "virtual meetings/conversations" via Skype: The first try is preliminarily scheduled for end of May (Notes from the meeting/conversation will probably be found via this link too).
- possible topics and thematic priorities are collected here: topics page
End of May 2009: Skype meeting/conversation
A meeting in autumn 2009 f.ex. in Germany is also proposed.
- 1st idea and workshop about project idea: at the NUCLEAR weekEND in October, 2008, in Isnäs (FIN)
- 2nd workshop for presentation and discussion of the Baltic Sea Info Tour took place at the International Anti-nuclear Network Meeting in Frankfurt/Main (D) at New Year 2008/2009.
- 3rd preparation meeting: in Stockholm (SE) from April 17-19th, 2009
This was planned in the meeting 19.4.09.
A schematic overview will be constructed at the Resource List page
Content; i.e. what exactly the tour is about
Thoughts from the JUKSS workshop:
Maybe different focus in different places? (Needs coordination!)
- scandinavia: uranium mining(!), NPP proliferation, waste storage plans, "future nuclear colonies"
- saami, europe's only indigenous people
- 'lithuania: very dependent on NPP ignalina, green NGOs campaign for nuclear-free Li.
- denmark: nuclear-free, lots of renewable energy
- greifswald (de): example of closed plant (also Barsebäck in Swe)
- murmansk (ru): there is a campaign (in norway?) to appeal to russian authorities to shut down power plant in murmansk region)
(See also the Nuclear Baltic Map)
Aims / topics?
- support for affected communities
- networking, contact
- awareness raising & information
- along (future) routes of nuclear material
- about nuclear issues around the baltic sea
- distribute map of nuclear industry activity around the baltic sea
- the baltic sea is radioactive (MILKAS?)
- Uranium Tails: UF6 transported over the baltic sea
- downscaling & localizing, not just "green" version of status quo
- Knowhow & DIY info: f.ex. small-scale renewable energy
- specialized business? (f.ex. renewable energy)
- suggestion: Public Campaign for a Nuclear Free Baltic
- Not only information, but give some "future" (Message: nuclear-free baltic is possible).
- Also good countermove against the threat of scandinavia becoming a "nuclear colony"
- we're not "professional", or experts, just people (and that's ok!)
- activities should be determined by local groups/people!
- we could provide different options: seminars/workshop "packages", action, info material