International Nuclear Waste Conference
- MILKAS invites to an International Conference in Stockholm 17-18 October 2009
- Images of the conference
"Nuclear Waste Problems - from Mining to Reactor Waste"
Hosted by The Swedish Environmental Movement's Nuclear Waste Secretariat (Miljörörelsens kärnavfallssekretariat, Milkas), a non-profit, non-governmental organisation founded in 2004 by the national anti-nuclear group The Swedish Anti-nuclear Movement (Folkkampanjen mot kärnkraft-kärnvapen, FMKK) and Friends of the Earth, Sweden (Miljöförbundet Jordens Vänner, MJV), the Swedish branch of Friends of the Earth International.
The conference language is English.
Registration info at http://www.nonuclear.se/register
Saturday 17 October
- 09:30 - 10:00: Registration, coffee and tea
- 10:00 - 10:45: ASSE - A Notorious Nuclear Repository in Germany
- 10:45 - 11:15: Depleted Uranium (DU) in Weapons - Action group against Radioactive Warfare, Sweden
- 11:15 - 11:45: Break
- 11:45 - 12:15: Radioactive Emissions into Air from Nuclear Reactors - Dr. Ian Fairlie, UK
- 12:15 - 13:15: Lunch
- 13:15 - 13:45: Medical Effects of Radiation - Ulla Slama, Physician, Finland
- 13:45 - 14:15: Male Supremacy in the Nuclear Industry - Ewa Larsson, Green Women, Sweden
- 14:15 - 14:45: Uranium: not only mining - Professor Gordon Edwards, Canada
- 14:45 - 16:30: Workshops (see below), coffee and tea
- 16:30 - 17:30: Report from the working groups, discussion and summary
Sunday 18 October
- 09:00 - 09:30: Coffee and tea
- 09:30 - 10:00: Swedish Final Repository for Low and Medium Level Nuclear Waste (SFR) - Lars-Olof Höglund, Nuclear Engineer, Sweden
- 10:00 - 10:30: Central Interim Storage Facility for Spent Nuclear Fuel (CLAB) - Roland Davidsson, National Organisation of Energy Associations (SERO), Sweden
- 10:30 - 11:00: Break
- 11:00 - 11:30: High Level Nuclear Waste and the European Pressurized Reactor - Lauri Myllyvirta, Greenpeace, Finland
- 11:30 - 12:00: Nuclear Waste in the UK - Dr. David Lowry, UK
- 12:00 - 12:30: High Level Nuclear Waste & Very Deep Boreholes - Dr. Johan Swahn, The Swedish NGO Office for Nuclear Waste Review (MKG), Sweden
- 12:30 - 13:30: Lunch
- 13:30 - 14:00: High Level Nuclear Waste & The Dry Rock Deposit Method - Dr. Nils-Axel Mörner, Sweden
- 14:00 - 14:30: Nuclear Waste in Russia - Andrey Ozharovskiy, Ecodefence, Moscow
- 14:30 - 15:00: Problems and Financing of Nuclear Waste in Japan ?- Dr. Göran Bryntse, Sweden
- 15:00 - 15:30: Nuclear Future - Ulla Klötzer, Finland
- 15:30 - Press conference / coffee and tea
- 16:00 - 17:00: Panel discussion
Workshops: 1. International cooperation in the environmental movement on radioactive waste issues. 2. Uranium mining and Indigenous Peoples. 3. Health effects of radiation. 4. Other aspects of nuclear waste.
- For protection against automatical email address robots searching for addresses to send spam to them this email address has been made unreadable for them. To get a correct mail address you have to displace "AT" by the @-symbol.