some historic keypoints:
- 30.8.1999: The environmental impact assessment report, i.e. EIA Report, of the environmental impact of a new nuclear power plant unit, which would possibly be built at Olkiluoto, was submitted to the Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- 15.11.2000: Application for Decision in principle concerning the new nuclear power plant unit was submitted to the Council of State.
- 24.5.2002: The Finnish Parliament ratified the Decision in principle made 17th January 2002 by the Council of State supporting the construction of a new nuclear power plant unit either in Olkiluoto, Eurajoki or at Hästholmen, Lovisa
- 30.09.2002: TVO submitted bid inquiries for the construction of a new nuclear power plant unit.
- 16.10.2003: Olkiluoto was chosen for the location site for the new power plant unit.
- 16.2.2004: The excavation work at the OL3 site was started.
- 10.12.2004: The festive tarring of the ground of the OL3 site.
- 11.1.2005: The building permit for OL3 was granted by Eurajoki municipality.
- 17.2.2005: The Council of State granted the construction licence for the OL3.
- 12.8.2005: The actual construction work of OL3 began.
- 12.9.2005: The OL3 foundation stone was laid.
- 18.10.2006: OL3's actual casting of concrete began.
- 11.11.2009: Olkiluoto 3 site reached rooftop height.
News from Olkiluoto:
27.1.2009 (Helsingin sanomat)
Siemens leaves Areva NP
Constant problems at Olkiluoto-3 has lead to the fact that Siemens is selling its share of Areva NP to Areva. Unconfirmed data shows that Siemens might try to find a new partner, f.e. Atomenergoprom.
Olkiluoto-3 is finishes in summer 2012
TVO, the buyer of the nuclear plant, is very worried that Areva has not been able to catch on schedule. According to the information in december 2007, the estimate for finishing the plant was summer 2011.
- lecture of Tapio Litmanen, University of Jyväskylä: http://www.nuclear-heritage.net/images/7/70/Case_Pyhajoki_presentation_Finnish_Exceptionalism.pdf as at August 8, 2013
- TVO: Pocket Guide 2010; Eura Print Oy, 2010