From Nuclear Heritage
Not completed yet
a picture of the facility that we are allowed to use
short text (1'500 characters max.)
contact details of critical groups working against this facility
- group name, phone, email, website, postal address
links to operator and critical websites
- owner: Aura Energy
- Location: Storsjön District in Sweden
- Coverage Area: 110 km2
- JORC Compliant Inferred Resource: 800 million pounds U3O8
- Grade: Average grade of 160 ppm U3O8 plus credits from co-products: molybdenum, vanadium, nickel and zinc
- Status (as of December 2012): Scoping Study update complete; metallurgical testwork and pre-feasibility planning underway
- technology: bioheap leaching
- other Aura projects in Sweden: http://www.auraenergy.com.au/sweden.html
- WNN: Swedish resource world's second largest
- uranium concentration: 0.02%
- information on WISE Uranium: http://www.wise-uranium.org/upeur.html#HAEGGAN
- "Global miner" interested in partnership to develop Häggån project: On Oct. 29, 2012, Aura Energy Ltd announced that it had received a second offer from another major uranium market participant (a "global miner") for a partnership to develop the Häggån deposit.
- On Aug. 14, 2012, Aura Energy Ltd announced that it signed an Exclusivity Agreement with "a major uranium market participant", in respect of a potential strategic partnership for the Häggån uranium and polymetallic project in Sweden.
- On May 29, 2012, Aura Energy Ltd announced that a Revised Scoping Study financial model prepared by independent consultants RMDSTEM confirms that the Häggån Project is financially robust.
- On Feb. 7, 2012, Aura Energy Ltd announced that a scoping study confirms the economic viability for a bioheap leach project at Häggån.
- ore grade according to WISE Uranium: 0.013% U 
- size according to WISE Uranium: 307,692 t U
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 http://www.auraenergy.com.au/hggnproject.html as at December 29, 2012
- ↑ http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/ENF-Swedish_resource_worlds_second_largest-2308128.html as at December 29. 2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 http://www.wise-uranium.org/upeur.html as at December 29, 2012
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://www.wise-uranium.org/uoeur.html#HAEGGAN as at December 29, 2012