Anti-nuclear Sailing Trip across the Baltic Sea
- anti-nuclear sailing trip from Stockholm (S) to Greifswald (D) stopping in some harbours, meeting local activists, having events and doing actions on August 26 - September 9, 2012
- download and distribute the: callout | English flyer | German flyer | Polish flyer
- media releases:
- connected to the idea of the Baltic Sea Info Tour 2010, but independent of it
Announcement of the sailing trip
The anti-nuclear sailing trip took place from the 26th of August until the 9th of September and we were sailing from Stockholm to Greifswald, Germany with the traditional sailing ship "Lovis". Along the route we made some actions and happenings, tried to bring our message to the people and to meet together with local anti-nuclear activists. There were various things while being on the trip or in the harbours, for example demonstrations, art, theater, movie screening on the main sail and so on.
We tried to contact as many other activists around the baltic sea as possible. Every two weeks we have meetings via Skype - you are welcome to join, if you want to join the project.
Be aware that the schedule can be changed due to the weather situation - the sailing boat is dependant on the wind situation.
- August 23: arrival of participants in Stockholm
- August 24: getting to know each other, briefing
- August 25: actions, networking
- August 26: spare time, boarding
- August 27: sailing to Nyköping
- August 28: at sea; anchoring
- August 29: sailing to Oskarshamn; meeting with the bike tour
- August 30: at sea
- August 31: at sea
- September 1: arrival in Oskarshamn; action preparation; meeting with the bike tour
- September 2: action; local meetings; spare time
- September 3: sailing to Kalmar
- September 4: sailing to Karlskrona
- September 5: meeting with the bike tour
- September 6: sailing between Karlskrona and Bornholm
- September 7: approaching Lubmin
- September 8: arrival in Lubmin; action at Seebrücke; final meeting
- September 9: arrival in Greifswald; cleaning, packing, departure of participants
Join us on our
Anti-Nuclear Sailing Trip!
Ready to go about the energy revolution?
Ready! Going about.
Call for IDEAS and ACTIONS around the Baltic Sea coast!
The AntiNuclearNetwork NorthEast Germany (AntiAtomBündnis NordOst) – is planning a sailing trip against nuclear power, on which we want to cruise through the Baltic Sea and get active, be creative and also visible for the public. Close to the former nuclear power plant and present interim storage facility for nuclear waste (located right at the coast 50km west of the German/Polish border) we started our network in autumn 2010. We did lots of actions and campaigns to protest against two transports of highly radioactive waste to Lubmin and atomic power in general. Now we want to set to sea to exchange, network with people from other countries and get active together.
We are heading for the late summer of 2012 – The anti-nuclear sailing trip will take place from the 26th of August until the 9th of September and the ship will sail from Stockholm to Greifswald Greifswald. That's all that is fixed. For everything else we need you and your ideas!
We invite all active people especially from countries around the Baltic Sea to join us and take part in this sailing trip for a future without nuclear power!
For two weeks we will sail and live on the „Lovis“ - a big traditional sailing ship with an interesting history, a nice atmosphere and the mission of bringing people together and giving them room for a joined experience of exchanging, sharing and learning. We will be on board the „Lovis“ on the last stage of its tour along the Baltic Sea coasts and bring our joined message to all the harbours and stops that we will pass on our trip.
Carried by wind and waves, the message and activities for a worldwide stop of nuclear power will be the constant focus of our cruise. There is enough room for creative, steaming heads, heaps of discussions, for visible actions in different cities, exchange of experience and knowledge and for tieing knots and strengthening nets.
If you or your group have ideas and want to join us, if you want to tell others about our plans, if you want to be part of the planning team or organise some action for one of our stops or if you want to support us and take part in any other way, please contact us: aai-hgw AT systemausfall.org
- July 18, 2012 at 5.30 PM CET preparation meeting via Skype conference
- July 12-15, 2012 preparation meeting in Stockholm (SE)
- May 16, 2012 at 5 PM preparation meeting in Greifswald (D) and via Skype
- May 2, 2012 preparation meeting via Skype
- April 13-15, 2012 preparation meeting in Rostock (D)
- February 23, 2012 at 6 PM preparation meeting in Greifswald (D)
- January 26, 2012 at 7 PM preparation meeting in Greifswald (D)
- January 8, 2012 preparation meeting in Greifswald (D)
- interview in "Themenwoche: Prima Klima?" (September 11, 2012) German
- Abschlussaktion von Anti-Atom-Segeltörn bringt Atommüll von Schweden nach Lubmin (September 10, 2012) German
- Anti-Atom Segeltörn von Stockholm nach Lubmin (September 9, 2012) German
- Segeln gegen Atomkraft (September 4, 2012) German
- “energy turn now!” – Logbuch des Anti-Atom-Segeltörns auf der Ostsee (September 4, 2012) German
- Aktivister seglar mot kärnkraft (September 3, 2012) Swedish
- Международный парусный тур сделал остановку около шведской АЭС Оскарсхамн: Анти-ядерный тур бросает вызов атомной энергетике в регионе Балтийского моря (September 2, 2012) Russian
- Экологи провели символическую морскую блокаду шведской АЭС (September 1, 2012) Russian
- Internationale Segeltour setzt Zeichen am AKW Oskarshamn (September 1, 2012) German
- Kärnkraftskritiker seglade in i Västervik (August 30, 2012) Swedish
- GO NETwork ACTogether – mit der Kraft des Windes in eine atomkraftfreie Zukunft (August 29, 2012) German
- »Viele Leute haben uns zugewunken und geklatscht« (August 28, 2012) German
- GO NETwork ACTogether - эко активисты плывут с энергией ветра в безъядерное будущее! (August 27, 2012) Russian
- GO NETwork ACTogether - эко активисты плывут с энергией ветра в безъядерное будущее! (August 26, 2012) Russian
- GO.NETwork.ACTogether - Klar zur Energiewende-Ree! (March 7, 2012) German
- ↑ For protection against automatical email address robots searching for addresses to send spam to them this email address has been made unreadable for them. To get a correct mail address you have to displace "AT" by the @-symbol.
Street theatre performance in Stockholm